Thursday, February 11, 2010

LOST and the Ducky Blanket

So Mark and I are staying up way too late every night (ok, not that late, but late enough that I wish I hadn't done it...and then I go ahead and do it again the next night) watching episodes of LOST that we have on our Netflix instant streaming queue. Each episode ends with us wanting to watch the next one, and I feel like it's taking over my life. We're in the middle of the 5th season now, and the 6th (and final) season just started airing on tv. I've basically gotten to the point where I want to watch as many episodes as we can so that I won't have to watch them anymore. Ha ha! It sucks me in, and I've even been having dreams about it. Yeah, I can say that I'm totally addicted to the show, but I liked the first 3 seasons better than the 4th and 5th so far. I think that's mainly because the flash-forward thing doesn't work for me as well as the flash-back thing... and you probably don't have any idea what I'm talking about unless you watch the show...but the flash-forwards do keep me intrigued and I want to find out how they get to those points. AAAahhhhh! I don't remember if I've been so involved in a show before. It's kinda fun, and kinda NOT at the same time!




Mark says that Canon' favorite show is LOST, but I don't think that he's seen it enough to really have an opinion about it. :) However, Canon does get the cutest expression on his face when he watches it.

Actually, he gets this look on his face when he sees figure skating, basketball, or really anything on the television... anything except for maybe Baby Einstein. I don't have him watching a lot of tv, but I don't completely avoid it at all costs either. Every time I see this, I can't help but laugh. I really love being a mother and seeing the cute things that babies do. Just yesterday Mark told me that he's enjoying being a daddy. Aw, music to a wife's/mother's ears. It's so great to Canon as a part of our family.

One thing that a baby brings to a home is lots and lots of stuff...play gym thing, bouncers, swings, blankets, etc...which brings me to the topic of the ducky blanket. Someone very kind gave Canon this adorable ducky lovey blankie for Christmas:

Oh sure, it looks cute and innocent, but it's possessed. (Ok, so I forgot that it plays music when I ran it through the wash, and now it has some sort of short in the wiring...but for all intensive blogging purposes, it's possessed!!) This ducky's music goes off at random whenever it wants, without us pushing the button to make it go off. Frankly, most of the time that we push the button, we can't even make it go off on purpose. I heard it playing while it was in the crib while Canon was asleep so I grabbed it out so that it wouldn't wake him up. (Yeah, who am I kidding...like it would actually wake him up!) I brought it into the living room with me while I folded the laundry. It was just laying there on the ground, and it played its music at least 7 times while I was folding the laundry...I think I lost count before I was finished. It went off at least 4 times randomly in the middle of the night, and that was 4 times while I was awake due to the baby. I've already heard it go off more than once this morning, and it's not even lunch time yet. It even went off sitting on the couch, just as shown in the picture above...while I was blogging. Yeah, I think Mark and I are probably going to be getting rid of this blankie. It's cute and soft and everything.... but I think that high-pitched "Rock-A-Bye, Baby" tune is going to get old very soon...and there's nothing we can do about it. *sighs*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah, ditch the possessed blankie. I'm sure you've got plenty.

I liked the flash backs better myself. But I'll admit I liked the last 1/2 of season 5 a ton! so far season 6 has just been okay. We also watched all seasons 1-5 in a matter of about 2 months. even though I got too little sleep, I think I liked it that way better because I didn't get left hanging having to wait until next week before I can get another menial smidge of a clue...