Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My First Mary Kay Meeting + Rain = Car Accident

So I was on my way to my first Mary Kay training meeting, thinking about how she wanted me there 10  minutes early but it looked like I was only going to be about 3 minutes early...imagining that if she were disappointed that I was not "on time" I'd have to bring up that I'd rather drive safely and not get in an accident than be a few minutes earlier than I was...when lo and behold, I still rear-ended someone.  I wasn't speeding, and I didn't feel like I was following too closely, but the car in front of me (a cop car, too) swerved  to miss a stopped car in the lane.  I slammed on my breaks and tried to swerve too, but the car didn't react.  It just skidded and there was nothing else I could do.  (Mark later told me that when he was driving last night he felt that the tires weren't getting good traction in the rain and that they'd need to be replaced soon.  Now he tells me!!)

So our Alero is probably totaled.  The hood is folded up like a paper airplane, and the headlights are all smashed.  The guy that towed the truck thinks the frame has some damage too, so it won't be just an easy cheap fix.  I crashed into a GMC Jimmy, and she had minor damage to her bumper.  I think she got whip-lashed, so she will need some medical attention to that for a little while.  Poor thing!  I got out without an ache or a scratch...just a stab to the wallet knowing that we will now be looking for yet another vehicle and deal with insurance claims. *sigh*  At least we just bought the minivan, so Mark had a way of getting to me, and we still have a way to get around like we did before we bought the Sienna. This next car will just have to be a cheap commuter car, for sure!

So now, with all the rewards that I can earn through Mary Kay, I am really hoping that I can earn a car, and there are certain goals that I have to meet.  One of those goals is to have a certain number of ladies (I guess guys could do it too, there's no discrimination here!) be willing to talk to my director (Feather Medley) about an opportunity with Mary Kay.  You don't have to be interested in actually becoming a consultant, but just willing to let her talk to you about it.  The phone conversation would take about a 1/2 hour of your time, she'd explain how it would be beneficial for you, and then it would be over.  Would you be willing to help me earn a car?  If you considered saying "yes", then please respond with a comment so that I can get your number to Feather.  You can later decide if Mary Kay is a good choice for you or not.  There's no obligation with this phone call, but it would help me out a ton.

No comments: