Monday, February 22, 2010

Just a Life at Home

Being home means that I get to actually prepare homemade meals and not wait until 8:00pm for dinner. It's been fun because I can try new things, or at least some things that I haven't made in a while because they take too long. Here, we're making chicken cordon bleu.

It seems like our family isn't terribly interesting this semester, but we try to spice up our lives with a little spontaneity. This past Saturday Mark and I wanted to get out of the apartment, but we weren't really sure where to go...just someplace new... so we drove out to Natick, MA to visit the new mall that just opened up a couple years ago. That was such a pretty mall, with a lot of natural lighting that came in large sun lights in the high ceilings. It was kinda fun to just walk around. It turned out that Canon was not napping very well, so we didn't really want to stay out for long, but it was still fun to just get up and go. Is it lame that I think walking around a mall was fun? Wow! That's sad! :)

As for updates on the Dahl family, Mark is still waiting to hear back from the position in Washington, D.C. In April I'll be traveling to Maryland for a friend's wedding, and I'm working on making shawls for the bridesmaids. I'm getting excited to show her my baby, Canon. Canon is getting so big now. Today he rolled over for the first time. I was so excited that I woke up Mark this morning to tell him. He rolled over the other way while playing this afternoon. *sighs* Pretty soon I won't be able to just leave him and find him right where I left him. He's going to be moving around in no time!! If you haven't had a chance to check it recently, take a look at my baby blog for updates on Canon.

No comments: