Saturday, June 19, 2010

Living in Limbo

Once we feel like we've got a plan, life throws us a curve-ball. Once again, I feel like we're living in limbo, not really knowing what's going to happen. So far Mark doesn't have a job, and I've accepted admission into the University of Utah for their masters program in speech-language pathology. Our plan was for Mark to take the Utah Bar Exam at the end of July, then pack all our stuff up early August and move to Utah, staying with Mark's parents until we can get a place of our own. (We were going to take a Church History Tour Vacation on the way out because most of the stops will be perfect intervals for driving long distances with the baby.) Then I would start my masters program at the University of Utah on August 23rd.

Well, it may happen just like that... but then again... it might not. Mark's interviewing with the superior court system in Western Massachusetts for a 10 month clerkship. It was set-up just for BU Law grads from this year who didn't have jobs. 5 positions are open (I think only 2 are in Western MA and the other 3 are in the Boston area) and we feel that Mark has a pretty good chance. I was nervous about him getting a clerkship outside of Utah because I'm supposed to start school this fall, but then the U of U's welcome letter stated that they're allowing this year's incoming students defer until fall of 2011 if we wanted because more students accepted than they anticipated. So, that works out perfectly. Mark says that if he gets this job, he'll take the Massachusetts Bar Exam in February to make himself more marketable in this area. If he ends up finding a job here in MA with the contacts he makes through this clerkship, then I will apply to a part-time SLP masters program that they have out here in MA. I was looking forward to going to the U of U, but part-time schooling would be more condusive to being a mom once Mark is working.

So, once again, our plans are up in the air. We might be moving to Utah... we might be moving only a couple hours away to Western Massachusetts. Either way, we will be moving out of our apartment in August. Keep us in your prayers! We'd like a job, but we want to do what's right for our family too! I'm nervous about finding a place large enough and inexpensive enough to be comfortable, but I'm getting excited for a change.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I hope it goes the way you would like it too. Either way it sounds like a good place to be in. Hey I must tell you, I tried out the Tresseme stuff and it worked good. My friend told me about a product called Catwalk for culy hair thats sold in the hair salons in Walmart. You have got to try it, I like it a lot. Let me know if you do.