Thursday, December 16, 2010

November Went by Too Quickly, And December Is Halfway Over!!!

I apologize to all those who were sitting on the edge of your seats... waiting for Kat to update her blog.  November really got away from me, more or less, I just didn't find time to go online.  In all honesty, once Canon turned 1 year old at the beginning of the month, he started working on the whole "walking" thing for real.  A week later he was actually walking, and he's been keeping me on my toes ever since.

Also, I've been spending all (and I mean ALL) my spare time (an no, evenings with Mark don't count as my spare time) working on a "secret project."  Okay, okay!  So it's really only been a secret from Mark.  There are a ton of people from our ward and family who know what I've been doing, but I can't mention it here... not until after this weekend.  If you can, wait a week for me to post  about it on the blog.  However, if you're dying to know, just give me a call.   Our 6th wedding anniversary is this Saturday, and I spent hours and hours on the gift I am giving him.  I started working on it the weekend of General Conference, and it took me 2 months to complete.

There have been a few wonderful events that have happened since Halloween that are worth mentioning.  Canon's birthday came and went, and we had a really fun party for him (and that was posted on the baby blog in a timely manner... unlike this post).  Later in the month came Thanksgiving.  We were hoping to be able to host this year since we didn't host last year because Canon was only 3 weeks old.  Well, we ended up not finding anyone who didn't already have plans and were happy to accept an invitation to our former neighbors' place- the Stoutenburgs.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with their friends.  Canon had a few new people to play with, which he absolutely loved.  Mark had new people to talk sports and politics with, which he seemed to love too.  And I truly appreciated a chance to get together with a group of people who were of devout faith, but not part of my own religion.  It was great to be able to share my testimony with those who were open to hear what I had to say.  Thanksgiving this year was a day to reflect on the blessings I've been given, and I gained a new appreciation for the blessings of the Gospel, my country, and my family.

Then, early in December there was a FABULOUS weekly special on Delta.com.  Mark's mother and Aunt Colette were able to fly out here for a weekend.  It truly was a whirlwind of a visit, but it was amazing to have them here.  We did a ton of Christmas shopping to be able to send our gifts with them instead of paying for shipping them to Utah. We had so much fun with them that I pretty much forgot to take any pictures.  I took a  bunch while Colette was cutting Canon's hair (his very first haircut ever!!), but that was it. Sad! :(  Thank you so much for the lovely visit.  It just makes us more homesick for family to be around.

Once all that was over it was time to prepare for the Ward Christmas Party.  Technically my calling has been disbanded by the leadership of the Church, but since we already had this party in the works, the bishopric decided to let me run with it for this event.  We held our ward party on Dec. 10th, and it was a pretty successful event.  We had over 150 people for our ham dinner, and our Variety Show had over 25 acts.  It went a little long, but the whole ward seemed to really enjoy themselves.  We also featured a Giving Tree for the ward.  For 2 weeks or so, the ward has an opportunity to serve each other by picking an ornament with a gift idea, purchasing that gift and giving it to the bishop, who would then distribute those gifts to the people in the ward.

As of right now, we're getting ready for our anniversary celebration this Saturday, and then it's Christmas!!  I'm sure there will be more posts soon.  Until then, enjoy the holiday spirit of Christmas!

No comments: