Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Phone

Ok, so after that strange phone experience, confirming that our family plan DID have a phone available for an upgrade, I decided I needed to get a new phone. Since the store wasn't open when we got there, Canon and I walked over to the nearby CVS to get a couple essentials and to pass the time.  While there a nice older man bought Canon a large sucker.  Since it was a nice gesture, and he didn't ask before purchasing the candy, I said it was alright to give it to Canon. (In my mind I was thinking, "This is a sticky disaster waiting to happen!")  The sucker seemed to occupy Canon enough to not try to get out of the shopping cart, which was nice.  Then as we left I knew that I needed to take it back so that I could hold onto his hand to walk down the slippery sidewalk.  We ran into that man again (whose name was Eddy) where he tried to get Canon to give him a high-5, but to no avail.  We thanked him for the sucker and made our way back to the AT&T store.

Canon certainly had a blast exploring that place, and it was quite difficult for me to keep him out of things he wasn't supposed to be getting into.  At least everyone in the store kept saying that he was just so cute and didn't seem to mind his energy, but as his mom, I had a hard time trying to think- choosing a phone and everything that came along with it.  I showed the AT&T guy the video of what my phone was doing and he said that the water damage that my phone experienced would do that sort of thing.  *Note to self: DO NOT let Canon play with your new phone!  Drool is more destructive to a phone than dropping it into the toilet because when a baby sucks on a phone they force the water inside.  The water damage also affected the SIM card, which meant that I had to transfer over 1/2 of my contacts manually. UGH!  That's ok, now it's all fine and dandy. It's just a simple phone, the "free" one you can get with all the deals AT&T has nowadays.  (I say it's simple, but I still haven't figured out how to set my speed-dials yet!)
Yay for a new phone!!

Oh, remember that sucker?  Yeah, I let Canon have it a little more once we got home, but there was no way I would let him eat the whole thing...that's way too much sugar before a nap time. 


yummy sucker

No comments: