Friday, July 19, 2013

Mark and Kat's Birthday

There are several things that I would like to catch up on, so I need to start from where I left off.

On Mark's actual birthday, I attended a bread-making class at a store called For Your Kitchen.  I LOVED this class, and I totally love this store too.  It's a local family-owned store that has everything you could possibly want for your kitchen: cooking gadgets, utensils, appliances (small and large), cookware, several kinds of ingredients too, and really anything.  The prices are not outrageous either.  They offer several types of cooking classes, kids classes, couples classes, girls' night out classes, and even classes with Chef Brad from BYUtv.  If this little plug has peeked your interest, you should totally check it out.  www.fykitchen.com

Anyway,  I asked Mark ahead of time if he would mind if I went that night.  Since I couldn't be there to make dinner for him, I made chicken and dumplings for him the night before, and I think I even made him a special breakfast the morning of his birthday.   Then, the day we celebrated his birthday with family, he tried to play the pity card...and that didn't go over so well.

Mark's birthday is just 12 days before mine, so we tend to have a combined party to celebrate. This year we would've done it on March 30th, but that was Easter weekend.  So we did it the previous week, on March 23rd.  This was a bit confusing for my brother Rob because it's actually our brother David's birthday.  "Wait! so whose birthday are we celebrating?  David's or Mark's.  Your birthday isn't until next month!" "Yeah, next month, but it's only 2 weeks away!" HA! :)

We invited family who live in-state, and friends we made from our time in Boston.  It was a fun time with a graham cracker pudding dessert that Mark requested 
 and a pineapple upside down cake that we got from a Stake Luau that had way too much left-overs.
  By the time I added all 30 candles to each cake, we had a regular fire hazard on our hands!  :)

It was a good time, with Mark getting a couple nice dress shirts and ties for work, and I got a couple new pans for my kitchen.  AWESOME!!  (I'm sure we probably got other stuff too, but it was so long ago I'm having a hard time remembering.)  Although, I do remember that Mark gave me some money to go buy more clothes.  After Cadence was born, I weigh much less than I did before I got pregnant with her, so most of my pants don't really fit.  I did use that money to buy some shorts, jeans, and skirts from Ross and DI.  

An amazing story that happened ON MY BIRTHDAY as I was shopping at DI, I found $150 in the pocket of one of the pairs of pants I tried on.  I reported it to the cashier because I would've felt horrible if someone came looking for that  money.  They told me that after a week, if no one claimed it, then it would be mine.  Lo and behold, after about 8 days I had an extra $150!!  WOW!  Talk about a great find at the DI!!  :)  Happy 30th birthday to me!!

No comments: