Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tagged!

I got tagged because a friend's blog said that she tagged anyone who wanted to be tagged, and I've never been tagged before. I thought it would be fun!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! Gift bags are for things that you don't have time to wrap.


2. Real tree or Artificial? I never had a real tree, but I really like being able to pull my artificial one out of the closet and hope to not spend too much money each year on a tree that I don't like very much. I do like a good pine smell, but I'm all about the cinnamon spice smells for Christmas.


3. When do you put up the tree? I'd like to make it a tradition to put it up on Black Friday. We always get the day off of work, so that's the only time I'll have to get it up before Christmas Eve.


4. When do you take the tree down? Probably shortly after New Years when I find time

5. Do you like eggnog? Of course, but I prefer to dilute it with milk so that I can drink lots more of it! Yummm!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't really remember many presents except a Dinky Diary, but it was probably our trip to Disney World in lue of gifts.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Mark because he doesn't really like clothes, but that's the only thing I can think of. That was always what I looked forward to getting at Christmas time, but he would prefer something cool!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Dad Brown, he doesn't ever need anything and is really easy to please.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? It's a small porcelain dome that you place over a tea-light candle, but it's a pretty display of the Nativity.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I only send them out to family and close friends that I don't get to see all the time. That way they can have a nice picture of us, and I don't need to worry that I don't really know all their emails. I just confirm all the mailing addresses before I send them out, but that can be a chore too. Bleh!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Am I supposed to really answer that?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think it depends on how many difficult people to shop for. It really only took about 3 trips (2 during lunch breaks) to get it all done this year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? nope, just wedding gifts that were given to me because our wedding was the week before Christmas.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's cheeseball on crackers

16. Lights on the tree? as opposed to what?...stuffed animals? I prefer white lights when I want an elegant tree, but colored lights are fun for trees with all sorts of hand-made ornaments.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I have to say that it's the 12 Days of Christmas on the "A Cow's Christmas" CD

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I am thoroughly excited to be traveling this year, but not for the travel...to be with family. I did enjoy being here in Boston last year, but I think it's time to be with family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Let's see- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzon, and Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Does it matter? They represent the same event to me. As for now, we bend down the tip of our tree because it would hit the ceiling otherwise, so there's not topper.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas DAY, none of this EVE stuff...that's for people who have too many presents to open them all in one day, and let's face it, when does that ever happen?

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The fact that just because someone makes a recording of a Christmas song, it gets put on the radio...no matter whether it was a good recording or not. Any other time of year people would be turned down at a recording studio.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like reds, but usually with an accent of whites...that's the most Christmas-y look on the green tree.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We always had a turkey because Dad would get one free from work, but I'm quite fond of Honey-Baked Ham.

25. Favorite family Christmas tradition? Still working on ours, but Mark's Mom's side always has a Smith Family Candy Day where all the ladies get together and make treats to share with everyone's families. That's something that I miss being out here in Boston.



I tag anyone who has never been tagged! :)

No comments: