Thursday, January 15, 2009

Marky! Marky! Marky!

This is a blog tag that is going around in Mark's family, and I thought it would be fun to participate.


1. Where did you meet your husband? We were in Freshman Academy together our first semester at BYU, so we say that it was ASL 101, but it was quite possibly an introductory meeting of everyone in our Freshman Academy Community...really I can't tell you the exact first time we met, but we became pretty good friends that first semester of school.


2. How long did you date before you got married? We technically weren't dating the whole summer that we talked over the phone, but I grew to like him pretty fast after he came home from his mission. Once we were technically dating, we got engaged within 3 weeks and then were only engaged for that semester...so I guess that makes it only 4 months. (I wouldn't recommend that to someone on a regular basis...it's just how it happened for us!)


3. How long have you been married? Just celebrated our 4th anniversary....woohoo!


4. What does he do to surprise you? Honestly, he likes to try to startle me by sneaking up behind me, or hiding behind a corner waiting for me to walk by. I know that doesn't sound like an endearing trait, but I like the "big kid" in him.


5. What is your favorite physical feature of his? Ok, honestly I don't like having to pick only one thing as my favorite...I guess that's ok though. I really do like the shape of his lips...yeah, I know, kinda weird. I guess it's because I never felt that my mouth had much of a defined shape, and I think he has a great cupid's bow on his upper lip. Another thing though is how well he tans. I'm totally jealous!


6.What is your favorite quality? It's totally awesome the way that Mark knows me better than I know myself. He knows whether something would make me happy or not, even when I'm still trying to figure it out. He knows what I need to hear when I need to hear it, and he's really good at helping me see the good in myself. He also has a way of showing how to really enjoy life, appreciating the experiences.


7. Does he have a nickname for you? Babe or Love


8. What is his favorite food? I think Mexican foods...he likes Italian and good American (like steak, not fast food!!!), but if it were a style, I'd guess Mexican.


9. What is his favorite sport? Football is the "ultimate team sport" although he does enjoy others like basketball, a little baseball, even hockey... but college football and the Utah Jazz Basketball are the only ones he really cares to follow.


10. When and where did you first kiss? We went up to Tibble Fork Reservoir in (where was it? Highland, Lehi, or Alpine, UT?...somewhere in that vacinity!) to talk and read scriptures in his car. It was dark out, so we couldn't really see the reservoir that well, but it was something that I was waiting for ALL SUMMER, and I was so nervous. I knew it was going to happen, but my lack of experience made me afraid that I would be a bad kisser. I guess I wasn't that bad because he's never stopped coming back for more!


11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? I wish I could say going to the theater, but we just don't have the finances to live that way. Even though we do thoroughly enjoy that, I'd also like to go with having friends/family over to play games...but that's not really just "as a couple," now is it? Does cuddling count? We like to watch movies and cuddle, but now that Mark is really starting to "absolutely hate" our couches, that's getting less frequent.


12. Do you have children? Alas, not yet...ask me again next year and see if I have the same answer.


13. Does he have any hidden talents? Does "a talent for giving me goosebumps" count? What about making me blush in front of his parents? He's really good at preparing potatoes and grating cheese...that's why I have him do it instead of me when it comes to making dinner! :) Most of his talents are shown openly and not hidden very well.


14. How old is he? 25, but only for a couple more months


15. Who said I love you first? This was TOTALLY him. I thought of this as a phrase that you don't really say unless you really mean it...and it's special and reserved. Mark, on the other hand, used it in his moments of heavy flirting. So the first time he said it, I was kinda shocked. I just responded, "I'm more in love with the idea of being in love than I can actually say that I am in love." He brushed it off like it didn't really matter. After about a week or so, when we were at his family's cabin, he said it again, and I responded that I loved him too. His jaw dropped with a mock look of astonishment. It was hard for me to say it because I had held it back for so long, but it didn't feel like a lie, and it never will be.


16. What is his favorite music? He really likes broadway musicals, and I think his all-time favorite is either Les Miserable or Jeckle and Hyde...I think it depends on the day.


17. What do you admire most about him? Mark has this way of not letting himself get stressed out. Maybe he really does feel stress and he just handles it differently, but he just won't let things get to him. He takes it one day at a time, and he just doesn't really show when he's overwhelmed...maybe that's because he knows his limits and doesn't stress about the rest. For a person like me who's such a worry-wart and constantly stressing over things, he's really a huge comfort and inspiration to just relax. I wish I could be more like him.


18. What is his favorite color? This may sound funny to you, but it depends on what we're talking about. A car- RED, a lawn- a rich GREEN, a shirt on him- BLUE, a shirt on me- either a light PINK or RED, lights on a Christmas Tree- WHITE, a suit on him- BLACK... some of those are guesses, but there's no overwhelming favorite color. If you asked him, he still might not give you a straight answer.

19. Will he read this? Yes, he gets emails when I update the blog. The poor guy thinks that these tags are a waste of blogs space...so sorry.... but I think they're fun sometimes. (Besides, how else am I going to brag to the whole world about how lucky I am to have got such a great catch?) I'm sure there's something on here that others will find amusing that they never knew before, so it was worth it to me.

20. People I tag... the fun ladies in my ward!

2 comments:

Breanne said...

These are probably the cutest and most unique answers I've seen on one of these things. I loved the colors one best - such a good answer!

Anonymous said...

I don't know Mark, but I know you, and from what I see of your relationship, it's a healthy example of what I can look forward to having one day! Thank you for showing me what love really is. I know, I'm being sappy, but it's true!