Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just to Catch-Up

So, since my last post, Uncle Roger did pass away on Feb. 20, 2009. My parents flew out to Utah this week to be there for the funeral services and to be with family. I'm just glad that he's not suffering anymore because the cancer was really making him miserable. I'm still keeping his family in my prayers because I don't get to talk to them much as we never get to see each other, but everyone can use a prayer every now and then.


But on a lighter note, Mark has found an internship for the summer that will be significantly closer to home than the one he found earlier. He will be working at the DA's office for Middlesex County instead of for the Cape and Islands District that he was going to work for. This means that he will be spending at most 1 hour commuting, not at least 1.5 hours each way. He says it's practically the same job, so I'm happy for him. It is another unpaid internship, but it's still exciting that he will be able to get some good experience this summer, and he won't have to GO AWAY to find it. Believe it or not, I did NOT want another summer with him gone. YAY!!

Also, another little exciting bit for him is that Mark is going to New Orleans with a group from school for a pro-bono trip during Spring Break. He's going to be gone the whole week. I don't get to go with him, but I'm still going to have some fun. I'm planning a visit with a high school friend who now lives in Maryland. I figured that we've been so far apart for so long (me in Utah, her in places like Delaware, or Philadelphia) that now that we're within a day's drive, we ought to make an effort to be able to see one another...at least ONCE while I'm here in New England. So, this is it, and to tell you the truth, I'm getting pretty excited to see Theresa and get to know her little girl. I'm expecting it to be a blast! I'll be sure to post more fun pictures and details about that after the fact.

This bit may actually be just for the sake of adding pictures. :)

I'm thinking about dying my hair again just before Cory's wedding in early May, so which red do you think I should go for? Leave a comment and place your vote! (Hopefully you'll be able to enlarge the pictures to be able to get a closer view of #3.)


#1 #2
This first picture is only a day or two before this second picture, but I like the way that it faded.

#3
This seemed to be a more subtle way to go, and I can still try to have some blonde highlights in it...or I can go like #4.


#4
This is a week or so after the original dye job, but it was pretty fire-engine red, with blonde highlights. I thought it was really fun, but when I look at pictures of it, I think, "Whoa! Is that what I looked like?" I think this might still be fun if I add it as highlights only, and not have most of it dyed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them all. But, I vote for #3!

barlow.stephanie said...

I like #4 alot, it seems more natural, but #2 is really spunky and I love it!

Breanne said...

I think #2 has a pretty, rich, nice nutty color, but definitely va-va-ving! red! But maybe that's because the flash is on? Also - can you make sure that Cory has our address for his wedding? We'd really love to be there - I can't believe he's getting married, probably because I haven't seen him in a few years! We are both way excited for him.

Steph said...

I like 2, I think it goes best with your skin tones. But you can really pull of any of them quite nicely!

Anonymous said...

Photo #4!! I reddened my hair a few weeks ago, too!