Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mark's Birthday = Fondue

So Mark had his 26th birthday this past Saturday, and we really had some fun with it. Mark has a meeting every Saturday morning, but when he came home I was making biscuits and sausage gravy for his birthday breakfast. It turned out that my visiting teachers came over while I was still preparing it, so they ate with us too, which was really a lot of fun.


Then, through most of the rest of the day, Mark and I just hung out around the house. Mark opened his gifts from his parents and from me. (He was totally excited about the raquetball stuff, Mom and Dad. Thanks!) We did a few chores and got the house ready for the party that night... but we didn't really try to fill our day with too much stuff. Mark was doing all he could to enjoy his birthday... and avoid doing homework!

That evening we had our friends John and Delys Tyler and Angela Monteiro over for dinner. I made a pot roast and gravy (as well as the last bits of cleaning up the apartment) while Mark did the mashed potatoes and salad. I think dinner went quite well, despite the bottom of the salt shaker falling out and all the salt piling onto the table. :)

After dinner we had several more friends come over for a fondue party. We had one fondue pot with melted chocolate, and another pot had melted caramel. We asked people to bring different things to dip, so we had bananas, strawberries, apples, gummy bears, pretzels, and pineapple. I made a box of Angel Food Cake for Mark to blow out the candles, and then cut it up to also dip in the chocolate. We had a really good turn out, and everyone seemed to have a really good time.
I guess it's time to start planning for my birthday party... since Mark is only 12 days older than me, that means my birthday is coming up. However, I don't really know what I feel like doing for my B-day...it's not on a weekend like Mark's was. Hmmm... I guess we'll have to think about that one! :0)

No comments: