Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Who Spilled the Beans?...oh, I guess it was ME!

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post...ok...actually I can believe it. There have been a few things going on that I would love to write about, but I couldn't really write a whole lot without spilling the beans too early.


Now, in case you haven't heard yet...
We're EXPECTING!!!

The beans are spilt, and now we can go on with our lives, and I can continue blogging without a worry of accidently letting something slip!


Now those of you who have followed my blog for a while know how badly baby fever was affecting me over the past several months. (I even tried to NOT blog about it in the hopes that it would either go away, or that I wouldn't be putting anymore "pressure" on the hubby about it.) So, naturally when I learned that I was pregnant I was excited, and I wanted to tell the world to no longer fret over my "condition." I had a really hard time coming up with anything to say that was not related to this topic. So, I just didn't blog at all!



As an example of what I mean, here are a few highlights from our past few weeks.

April 2, My Birthday
-Mark's school held the Public Interest Project (PIP) Auction to raise money for the PIP grants that students applied for. Mark and I bid on a couple items, but we lost them both...one only at the very last moment of the silent auction. I left early because I was tired. Later that night I called all the family to tell them that we are expecting!

April 4, General Conference-Birthday
-We had a few people over to watch the sessions of General Conference on Saturday, and then after the 2nd session but before the Priesthood Session we had a birthday party for me where I told everyone in attendance that we are expecting!



April 5, General Conference-Dinner with friends
-After the sessions of General Conference on Sunday, we went over to Anny Li's place to have a Taiwanese dinner in honor of Dershin's mother being in town. It was so fun to have some new dishes that I've never had before. Then they surprised me with a cake for my birthday because they couldn't come the night before, so I told them the news they missed- that we are expecting!

April 12, Easter Sunday
-Easter was a very good day at Church. I felt the Spirit in our meetings. I got to perform "His Hands" with sign language as I sang, much like I had done in my ward in Utah. I was surprised that I was actually able to get through the whole song without crying, partly because I'm pregnant and get a little more emotional than usual, but I spent a lot of time looking up at the back wall instead of into the faces of the congregation. Seeing too much emotion in the people's faces makes it much harder to perform as you get overwhelmed with the Spirit. I received several compliments, and several people told me they cried...so I guess I did a good job. That really is one of my favorite pieces, so I was so glad to be able to perform it.

That night we had the Elder Missionaries, the Tylers, and the Liddiards over for Easter Dinner. I made chicken and dumplings because that was Mark's request, and we even got out my nice China for the event. Sorry, we didn't take any pictures. I forgot about that- could it be due to that pregnancy memory loss? But it was a delightful time with our friends and to hear the message the missionaries left with us before heading to an appointment. Overall, it was a busy, yet blissful day. We truly are blessed to know of Our Savior and His Atonement for us.



April 13, Follow-up Dr. Appt.

-Mark came with me to my appointment where we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. A few friends told me that I'd cry when I hear it, but I didn't. It did make it seem more real to me though, like it wasn't just my imagination or that it somehow wasn't going to happen. It made me more excited for the little life inside of me, but I didn't get all weepy.

Ok, so from now on I'm hoping that I will still have things to blog about that are not related to this pregnancy topic... no matter how excited I am about this!!!! =) I've decided to start another blog for the baby stuff, and that I'd talk about all that girly stuff there, and I'd try to keep this blog for stuff more main-stream - everyday within the Dahl household type of topics. If you notice that I haven't written in this blog for a while, you may want to check over at the other one in case there's an update on the "little Dahl-ling." I'm planning on keeping the baby blog private, so if you'd like to be able to view that one, please leave a comment with your email so that I can give you the permission to view it. The baby blog is at URL http://thelittledahl-ling.blogspot.com/ for those of you who are interested. Here's to hoping that I can keep up on 2 different blogs at once...a far stretch, but hopefully I can make it work!!!

8 comments:

Cami said...

Kat, this is WONDERFUL!! Congratulations!!! I LOVE talking about pregnancy and babies, so feel free to shoot me an email anytime. :) I would definitely like to be in the little Dahl-ling loop if it goes private so send an invite to camialane@gmail.com

Breanne said...

Congrats! Hook me up with an invite to the other blog.

Joe and Cassie said...

I'd love to read about your little Baby Dahl! cassiecarder@gmail.com

Steph said...

Congrats! I'm SO jealous! But still so happy for ya!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! You are in for one wild ride!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY for babies!! (= Congrats on the little one! My e-mail is callitripp@gmail.com

barlow.stephanie said...

Congrats. I am super excited for you. I love to hear that people are expecting. Especially our friends. I am a little baby hungry myself so it makes me glad when other people get that joy. Hooray!! Please include my email because I would love to keep up with your baby happenings. My email address is barlow.stephanie@gmail.com . Rock on!

ty and megs said...

congratulations!! i'm so excited for you and glad that you are feeling good for the most part!!