Friday, March 19, 2010

Hakuna Matata

We didn't even think about Valentine's Day much this year, but we were looking forward to St. Patty's Day for over a month. Why? Because Mark bought us tickets to this!

Yeah, he totally splurged and bought premium seats and everything. He didn't know it at the time, but our tickets came with vouchers for free souvenir programs and V.I.P. baseball caps. We were so excited because I was planning on buying a hat anyways because I know how much Mark loved his Jeckle & Hyde hat that he lost right after our wedding. The vouchers also offered a discount off a t-shirt, but we really didn't want a t-shirt that would just fade. We considered buying a stuffed animal or hanging head souvenir thing, but we decided that the free hats were enough. Check out our seats too!

Front and Center...well, about 5 rows back, and lucky us, didn't have anyone sitting right in front of us either! :)

It was a BLAST!! Apparently there was a reviewer who wrote a pretty critical article on the performance. Honestly, I guess I might be able to see what he was talking about, but it was still really amazing. I thought that there were a few points where it felt like the actors were giving their lines too quickly, practically on top of each other, as if they really didn't have enough time to react with the line they were giving. Mark says that if they took any more time to react, then it would be dragging. I also remember thinking a couple times that I only understood what they said because I knew the Disney movie so well. Other than that, we have no real complaints. Rafiki was AWESOME!!! The costumes, lighting, music, and choreography is what totally makes this show. I thought that my favorite part of the scenery was the rising sun in the background. Mark listens to the Lion King cd sometimes, and I found the chanting songs interesting and fun, but I never really knew why they were in there. Now that I've seen the show, I know a little better about what is going on during those chants. SO AWESOME!!



I was pretty bummed that we didn't see Wicked when it was showing here right after we moved to Boston. We're SO GLAD we went this time to The Lion King. SO FUN!

Sorry about Mark's demon eyes. The red-eye fixer made him look really strange, so I just left them red. Who knew I was married to the devil?

We took Canon to a babysitter's and totally expected him to just fall right asleep since I knew he was super tired. Turned out that he didn't fall asleep for another hour and only slept for 20 minutes. Other than those 20 minutes, he was awake from 3 to almost 11pm. CRAZY!! He apparently wasn't crying or upset, just awake. That made me feel a little bit better. Ever since that night, we've been dealing with a late bedtime and lots of night wakings. I'd blame that late night, but I think it's another growth spurt. *sighs* The joys of parenthood. Gotta love it!

We've basically been on a high ever since the show. The weather has been so nice that we've been taking advantage of walks in the stroller. I walked with Mark to school yesterday and today, just for the sake of walking. Canon's been pretty good too with all the strangers he's meeting on campus. Tonight Mark and I are planning a Subway Sandwich picnic for dinner because he needs to stay on campus for a meeting. Yeah for good weather!!

No comments: