Monday, March 22, 2010

Time for a Celebration!!

This past week Spring Time was in the air. We had a few days of simply gorgeous weather, so I took Canon outside to enjoy the outdoors. As I mentioned in my previous post, we walked to and from the BU Law School a couple times, meeting Mark on campus or just walking with him. On Saturday the whole family went to the park for the first time. Mark usually plays football with guys from church on Saturday mornings, so I went along to "watch" with Canon. It was actually Canon's nap time, so he slept practically the whole time we were at the park, and I laid on the blanket doing some Pilates exercises, reading a book, and talking with a friend who was also there while her husband was playing football.
(I didn't take any pictures of Canon at the park because he was asleep and covered in his stroller, but I took a few when we were getting home. I thought these were fun!)

After football, we went to the church to clean and set up the chairs for Sunday's meetings. Since we had been out all day, we felt like staying out... so we went out to dinner to celebrate the coming of Spring. Honestly, before moving to Boston, I never really made a big deal out of good weather. I thought people here were so funny in that the sidewalks and grassy areas would be crazy-busy when the weather was nice. Now, after over 2 years of living here, I totally understand! It's as though we need to take advantage of the nice weather days while we can because no one knows when the next one will come. Even yesterday was breezy and a bit cool, and now today is pretty cold and cloudy. It's a good thing we went out and enjoyed it while we could. I can't wait for the next good weather day now!

After getting Canon home from dinner (because he wasn't napping very well away from home, so I knew that he needed to be put to bed), I went out grocery shopping to get the last minute preparations for our next celebration: Mark's Birthday. Sunday evening we had plans for a fondue party with chocolate and caramel dips, just like last year.

It was a pretty fun party with several friends from church, school, and neighbors. Canon was pretty well-behaved too. With so much going on, and so many adults giving him attention, I felt like I could go around and be the hostess and mingle without worrying too much about the baby. (I don't think that's a luxury I should get used to!) Thanks to everyone who came and made it such a fun event for us. Here's the video of Mark blowing out the candles. He actually blew all the candles out in one shot this time. I think it's the first time I've ever seen him do that!! :)


I really love being able to find joy in and celebrate the little things! Another thing that we were excited about this past week, and totally worth celebrating, was that I received a letter from the masters program at the University of Utah stating that they wanted me to come join their program. Technically it wasn't an official acceptance letter because the university's Graduate School has to concur with the department's decision to offer me admittance, which seems to be based on whether I had at least a 3.0 GPA (which I did) and that I'll have a completed BS degree before the start of the program (which I also have as of 5 years ago!). So, we're making plans to go back to Utah. Mark still doesn't have a job, but he just might be able to find a clerkship (not terribly likely, but possible), and if not, he's planning on trying to start his own firm with some other law students we met out here. So, life is getting exciting!

The only thing now that's making it difficult for me to go back to school full-time is finding a babysitter for Canon. Anyone in the Salt Lake Valley want to help out next fall?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that spring is finally here. Your baby is so cute!