Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Baby is Now a 2-Year-Old

This week we celebrated Canon's 2nd birthday.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that he's already 2 years old, like the "where did the time fly?" kind of moments.  But most of the time...it's pretty obvious that Canon is 2-year-old...  he's definitely got the "MINE!!" concept down pat.  *grumble grumble*  He is growing so fast, and his language is really fun to watch develop.  I'm so proud of my little guy, and I just wanted to share a few things from his birthday party.
  • All of Canon's aunts and uncles that live in Utah were there with their whole families.  It made for a pretty crowded living room for opening presents with 20+ people, but still fun!  
  • Canon got 2 really awesome trucks from family, and a few of the cousins were more interested in playing with those new toys than playing nicely with each other.  At least when everyone went home, Canon was able to have his own turn with his new toys.  He really does think they are the coolest!!  Thanks for the great gifts everybody!  (See videos below)
Everyone wants to play with the toys
Canon's turn, all by himself
  • I decorated his birthday cake to look like a train track all around it with a plastic train to hold the candles.  It wasn't as cute as I envisioned, but it still worked...and it was promptly eaten, so it didn't really matter.
  • Canon took two blows to blow out the two candles, but he knew exactly what he was supposed to do and was ready to blow them out before I even got the cake close enough for him to actually blow.
  • Mark and I took the opportunity to tell family that Canon is going to be an older brother.  I then made phone calls the next day to inform all the rest of my siblings.  So, I guess the word is out now...I'm due June 23rd, and I'm about 7 1/2 weeks along now.  We are excited about this new addition to the family.  (I'm thinking that I will now turn my other blog into one about this new pregnancy and all the talk about Canon will now be moved to this main family blog.  That way I can more easily compare the different stages of pregnancy and little baby developments.)

1 comment:

Taylor Thompson said...

Happy birthday to Canon, and congratulations on number 2!