Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trick-or-Treat Festivities

This was the first year that Canon got to go trick-or-treating.  Last year Halloween was on a Sunday, so I didn't encourage trick-or-treating...plus, he was only 1 year old at the time...he didn't need to learn about going door-to-door for candy when he hadn't learn to walk just yet.  The year before that I was in the hospital in labor all of Halloween...so this was the first time, and Canon really loved it.  (Thank goodness for good weather!!)

A week before Halloween we carved pumpkins as a family.  It was pretty fun, even though I didn't get good pictures of our jack-o-lanterns in a timely manner.  Here they are so you can see how they turned out...too bad a week is really too far in advance because they start to wilt and curl.





My ghost was already starting to wilt before I took the picture. :(

Grandma Dahl's jack-o-lantern

For some reason the other jack-o-lanterns made the camera flash , but not this one.  At least you can really see how cool it turned out.

Mark's jack-o-lantern
A few days before Halloween, we participated in our ward's Trunk-or-Treat activity.  We taught Canon to say "trunk-or-treat" and he said it to just about every car.  I have to say it was pretty cute, and most of the trunkers thought so too.  We borrowed a fire-fighter costume from Canon's Aunt Tiffany.  I dressed up as a baby because it was simple and I already had all the materials I needed.



On Saturday we went to a party hosted by friends from Boston.  Grandma and Grandpa (aka Mom and Dad) Dahl babysat for us that night.  It was super fun to have a night out without worrying about getting home in time to put Canon down to bed.  Thanks for the invitation to your great party Christina and Rob!!  My right leg was sore for a few days after playing the paper bag game!



On Halloween, we attended a party at a friend's house, and we took the little kiddos around trick-or-treating for a little while.  Mark and I went dressed up as a double pinochle while Canon wore his fire fighter costume again.  


He has learned that he received a lot of candy in that little pumpkin bucket, so now he loves to play with "my pun-kin" whenever he sees it, and he often asks for "treat!"  I think he has discovered the joy of Halloween, and now I have to discover the trick to keeping candy out of his reach and giving him only a little bit every day.

Thank you to everybody who made Halloween such a fun holiday for us this year.  

No comments: