Friday, September 3, 2010

Changed My Email Address

I made the switch from hotmail to gmail recently, and so far I'm glad I did.  It's been such a long time since I changed my email address, but I think this time was the biggest hassle.  I emailed everyone that I could think of, every contact in my other email contact list that I thought would ever use it...I tried to change the address for all those fun accounts (like recipes, parenting tips, etc.) but for some reason they still get sent to the old address.  And now I find that friends' private blogs that I originally had an invitation to won't let me in anymore.  Even when I try to log in with the old account, Blogger won't let me access those blogs.  Ugh!  So, for those of you who would like me to be able to read your blogs, please invite my new email address: kat.mark.dahl@gmail.com and I will be able to keep tabs on you too!

How many of you have changed your email address and what hassles did you have to go through because of it?

1 comment:

Jana said...

Hey! I went to change your email address in my private blog and discovered that you must have figured it out on your own. Pretty cool. I've been on gmail since before it came out b/c I was working at Google at the time. However, I still have my old hotmail account which comes in handy to put into forms if needed. Basically, I keep it active for my "junk email" and back up to my gmail incase I need an emergency password change if my account ever gets hacked. (It's important to keep a back up account for that reason alone!) In time, after you use your gmail over and over, people will get the hint and begin to use that address.