Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yay for Old-Time Friends!!!

The day after Canon and I returned from Chicago, Mark took the day off from work.  It was SO NICE to be with him again and to play as a family that day.  I missed him so much, and it would have been really hard to come back and then have to stay home alone with the baby all day.  Yeah, that was pretty awesome!

Just a couple days after that, my friend Theresa came up with her husband for a visit from Maryland.  (Some of you may remember her from my previous posts of when I went to MD for her baptism and later her wedding.)  She and her husband Gary came out to Boston IVF because she's participating as a surrogate mother for a second time.  We figured that she was going to be so close that we might as well have a short visit.  I drove to Boston to pick her and Gary up and brought them back to Springfield on Friday afternoon.  We talked all Friday night long, and then just hung around the house on Saturday.  Sunday we brought Gary to church with us, but Theresa was feeling really awful so she stayed at the house.  It was a very short visit, but it was so fun to see them again and to get to know Gary a little better.  (I really only met him at her wedding, and it's not like we had much time to really talk and get to know each other.)  She will be coming back out to Boston IVF for further treatments/procedures, so I'll most likely visit with her again in the near future.  YAY!

Sorry I didn't get any pictures while you were here, but thanks for the wonderful weekend visit, Theresa!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Man I didn't have your site linked in to pop up when you update so it's been awhile. Thats fixed now though :) Thats so nice that he could take the day off. It's so much harder to go back to same ol' same ol' the next day though he he. Hope you guys are doing well.