Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Toddler's Prayers

I know Canon has been talking for a while, and his language has been growing by leaps and bounds for some time, but I haven't been able to get him to say his own prayers.  At least until about 1 1/2 weeks ago...Canon has now said his first bedtime prayer, his first blessing on his food...and a few more since then of each.  Of course he  needs our help and only repeats what we say, but it's a new milestone and I'm so proud of him.

Of course he doesn't sit still and reverent through ALL prayers, and he hasn't done a blessing of the food in front of the whole family, but he's improving.  I think it's really cute, but I can't take a picture of him saying a prayer...that would send the wrong image to him.  I wonder what his first prayer will be when he says it all on his own!  Way to go, Canon!!

No comments: