Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lullaby Requests

Sometimes I think it's cute that Canon makes requests for which songs he wants to hear at bed-time.  For a couple weeks he always asked for Teach Me to Walk in the Light.  At first, I didn't even know that he knew that song.  I asked if they sang it in nursery at church, but that wasn't where he heard it.  Oh well, I couldn't refuse that song.  Nowadays it's more  Bah Bah Black Sheep and Itsy Bitsy Spider.  I still like to sing longer ones like I Need Thee Every Hour or I Know That My Redeemer Lives.  I find that the longer I sing to him, the more calm he gets for bed.  However, I really don't want to take the time to sing him all the way to sleep.  He'll have a little sibling soon enough...I can't take that much time singing kids to sleep!!  A few times over this past week Canon has woken up super early for how late he went to bed, once at 2:45am.  He came down and knocked on our door to get me up.  Really all he wanted was for me to come upstairs and rock and sing him back to sleep.  I like that he enjoys the cuddle time, and it only happens before sleep time...or when he's hurt and needs comforting.  Throughout the day, there is hardly any voluntary affection in sight.  :)

No comments: