Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trip to the Park/Family of Sickies

On Feb 6th, I spent the morning trying to get Canon to go outside...I needed to get out of the house, and the weather wasn't too cold.  I guess the main reason was because Canon was asking to see pictures of him playing with toys and playing outside...but I needed to take some pictures of him in order to show them to him.  Here's the result of our morning.



I just couldn't get him to smile, but it's still kind of cute.  I LOVE Canon's eyes!




My favorite picture from the day!!



I wanted to include these two clips of Canon too.  This first one is not necessarily a fun clip, but I thought it was a good example of Canon's language.  I think his sentences have enough legible words to catch what he's trying to say, but I'm his mother...so you judge for yourself.  Is he easy for you to understand?

This second clip is of Canon "trying" to go down a slide.  It was a bit colder than I expected, and all the park equipment was frosted over.  The first slide he went down was a tall curly one, and he stuck at the top but ended up sliding way off the end and landing really badly.  I expected him to start crying, but he just got up and thought maybe he should just try a smaller slide this time...hence the language we used in this video.  Here his pants get stuck at the top because of the frost and needs me to help him down the slide.

On Feb 7th, I had a really bad 24 hour bug.  I threw up a few times and had the runs...yeah, I know, you wanted to hear that, didn't you?  Anyway, I was feeling quite awful and knew I just didn't have it in me to tend Canon the way he needed.  I called Mark's grandma and she was more than willing to come over and play with Canon.  She took him out into the backyard for 1 1/2 hours.  It was AWESOME!!  I don't know if I really fell asleep or not while they were out there, but it was sure nice to just relax in bed and not worry about where Canon was or what he was doing.  She stayed while I got him lunch and then "read" him a few stories. (Technically she used a new story reader device that Aunt Connie gave Canon that has a cartridge for each of 11 stories and reads it out loud to you.  Canon has really loved this for bedtime stories.  Thanks a ton, Aunt Connie!!)  I was so happy that Grandma was there for that...especially since I had another episode bowing to the porcelain god during said story time.  Then I took him into his room and put him to bed.  I told him that I couldn't rock him like usual to sing to him because I didn't want him to get sick, but he could lie in the bed while I sang to him from the rocking chair.  He had a pretty good nap, and so did I.  Once Mark's mom got home from work, she was a pretty big help with Canon too.  I'm so glad that bug lasted only the one day.  I still didn't go into work the following day because I wanted the time to recover, but by Thursday everything was all good for me.

Mark on the other hand has been fighting a cold or something for the past...what?... couple of weeks now.  Even though he wasn't feeling all the great, he was in better condition to care for Canon that one night than I was.  Now Canon sounds like he caught whatever Mark has.  Runny nose with a nasty sounding cough...but by his actions and moods, you'd never know that Canon was sick.  This past Sunday Canon stayed home from church, though.  Mark and I had choir practice at 9am, church doesn't start until 11am. We were debating on whether to bring him home after Sacrament so that he doesn't get the other kids in nursery sick. However, by the time choir was over Canon had fallen asleep back at home.  He never naps that early in the day, so I figured he really needed the sleep, and it would help to ward off his illness.  But...who would stay home with him?  Mark and I both had to sing in the choir for Ward Conference.  Mark's dad is in the bishopric, so he was already at the church.  I didn't want to make Mark's mom miss Sacrament Meeting, and she had to be there for Primary...but Alex's singles' ward doesn't start until 1pm.  I figured he'd still be home until someone could return home to tend Canon.  He'd be sleeping (hopefully) the whole time anyway...so Mark Alex what was up, and it all worked out.  Canon actually napped for about 4 hours that day.  He didn't wake up until 1/2 hour before we got home.  He's been coughing and stuff ever since, but at least he isn't grumpy.  I wish both Canon and Mark could get over this cold though...get all the sickness germs out of the house once and for all...poor guys!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

To have the sickness germs gone..that would be nice. That's hard when Mommy get sick though. Glad it didn't last long.