Friday, March 30, 2012

Canon-isms I'd like to remember!

  • A little while ago Mark was helping put Canon to bed.  Canon requested that Mark sing "Blue Sky" so Mark started with the only thing he could think of:

Blue skies shining on me
Nothing but blue skies do I see...

That's not the song Canon wanted. "No, not that blue skies!"  So Mark came out of the room to ask me what Canon meant.  I told him it was the Primary song "I Know My Heavenly Father Loves Me."
Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky...

I thought it was a pretty funny, but I guess you had to be there.

  • Another thing that Canon said was while we were all in the car driving somewhere.

     Canon:  I a guy.  
     Me:  That's right Canon, you're a guy!
     Canon: Yeah, I a guy.  Daddy a guy.  Mommy a guy.  
At this point I had to explain that Mommy is a girl, not a guy...and then he went on to name several people that he knows, labeling them as either a guy or not a guy.

  • One day when I was especially tired, I was trying to rest in a reclining chair while Canon was playing in the living room.  He noticed that my eyes were closed, stating that I was asleep.  So he ran to his room to get his blanket and binky to give to me so that I could be more comfortable.  It was super sweet...giving me his two most precious possessions to help me sleep.  He's  actually done this more than once, but it's still adorable each time he does it.
  • I think Canon needs a little bit of work on recognizing which finger is which.  He loves the Where is Thumbkin? song, but I guess we need to do it more often.  He prefers to point at things using his middle finger.  I can understand, it is the longest one and it's usually less occupied with holding things.  However, I can't explain why he shouldn't use that finger, but it's several times each day that I remind him to use the other finger while he points.  I'm not sure how long this will last, but it's been a few weeks so far. 
  • A couple weeks ago Mark's brother Cory was trying to teach Canon to give two thumbs up.  Interestingly enough Canon was using his two pointer fingers.  It's been a running family joke ever since.  I saw Canon practicing once, sticking up his two thumbs, thinking really hard, and telling me "Nice job, Mommy!"

No comments: