Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Canon's Imaginary Friend

Every since Halloween time last year, Canon has been talking about ghosts.  First it started with a story that he requested to read almost daily, "Paddy Dog Sees a Ghost."  Then his imaginary play began with saying there was a ghost in a room.  I taught him that if he ever saw a ghost all he had to do was to say, "Go away, Ghost!" (He loves to yell that every chance he gets too!)  Then it evolved to a game of "hiding" from the ghost, or trying to scare the ghost.

Then one day Canon seemed to be a little confused about what the Holy Ghost was, so I told him that He was our friend because he can comfort us when we're sad, or afraid, or worried.  So Canon started saying that the ghost we were hiding from was the Holy Ghost.

A couple weeks ago we were trying to gather for family scriptures and prayer, but Canon was insisting on showing me the "ghost" in my room and how he wasn't afraid of him.  So we went to my room:
     Canon: See?  I not scared!
     Me: Oh, well that's good!
     Canon: Yeah, 'cuz it's the Holy Ghost.
     Me: Oh?  It's the Holy Ghost?
     Canon:  Yeah.
     Me:  Well, ok you showed me you're not scared.  Now c'mon; it's time to go read scriptures.
     Canon:  Okay.  C'mon, Holy Ghost, let's go.

Then he proceeded to hold his hand out, grasping the air like he was holding someone's hand.  Then he took my hand and we walked to the living room where Mark was waiting.  I told Mark what Canon said in the bedroom and got ready to sit on the couch next to him...when Canon screeched out, "No, don't sit there!  The Holy Ghost is there!"  I quickly stood back up, "Oh, was the Holy Ghost sitting there?"  So then I politely asked the Holy Ghost to move over, closer to Canon, so that I could sit by Daddy.  I told Mark then that I don't mind if Canon's imaginary friend is the holy Ghost.  I think it's kinda cute, actually!  :)  It made us laugh, and we still laugh about it now.

1 comment:

LittleBrownFamily said...

That is so precious! Adam's is an invisible butterfly. I love Canon's!!