Monday, October 1, 2012

Potty Hiatus

So we tried with the potty-training for Canon, but after about a month Canon decided he had enough and still wanted diapers.  I was giving him the choice between diapers and underwear...so that if he chose underwear he would realize that he's choosing to use the potty and therefore not have as many accidents.  Well, after 3 mornings in a row with a "traumatic" accident, he decided that he preferred the diapers.  Since then I've been able to get him to wear underwear 2X, I think.  So, I guess we'll just wait until he's good and ready.  :(  He HAS used the potty a few more times, but mostly when I ask he tells me he doesn't want to. He actually told me that he likes pooping in his diaper.  Ok, whatever you say!  *rolling eyes*

Just over the past couple days I've noticed that he's been waking up with dry diapers, so I hope that the time is not too far off. (He turns 3 years old in 1 month. Mark wants him to be potty-trained once he goes into Sunbeams.)  I didn't notice dry diapers before, but I knew he was going to bed with a sippy cup of water or a drink not too long before bed, so I didn't really think the dry diaper would be possible anyway.

1 comment:

LittleBrownFamily said...

I say give it at least two months before starting again. We had to try 3 different times with Adam.

With Sammy, we simply refused to buy any more diapers, and with no other option, he started using the potty. We're on his 4th day now, and only twice have I had to clean a mess from the floor. However, we've done the "naked bum" approach and I'm hoping to introduce underwear tomorrow. I hope that he can stay dry for that so that we can start going out places again. We'll see!