Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter 2012

Some fun festivities to remember about Easter this year.

Egg hunt at Uncle Brad and Aunt Laura's house.  We had a great lunch and played kickball after the hunt.  I took videos of the egg hunt, but there's nothing terribly exciting and worth putting on the blog, but if you're interested, I could still upload them to YouTube for you to watch.

Canon found the basket left by "the Easter Bunny" in the living room.  He seemed pretty excited to look through it.

trying to hold up the basket to pose for the picture

Grandma helping Canon spot the different kinds of candy stored in there

My Easter Bunny Cake that I brought to the family dinner and Mark's grandparents' house

the kids gathering around to open the Easter gifts from Grandma (Mark's mom)

Canon trying to decide where to start ripping the paper

Tiff, some of these are for you... Megan opening her how-to-draw book.

Lily just chillaxin'...enjoying chewing on her gift instead of opening it

more chewing going on here

Canon finally seeing the cool train figurines at the back of the Thomas the Train book...opening the cover to get them out!

Extra cute picture of an adorable little Lily!

the little kids out for the egg hunt in the back yard

Cameron and Canon worked together and gathered quite a haul.

My new Easter dress, in case you didn't see it on my other blog. :)
The only other thing that I really wanted to mention about Easter was that Church was really good that day.  I enjoyed the talks, and the choir sang a number that went really smoothly.  I also sang His Hands like I've done in the past, while signing it.  I was pretty nervous about doing it this time though because when we rehearsed it in the chapel I couldn't get through the number once without choking up or actually crying.  I knew I must be in trouble if I couldn't make it through practice.  As it turned out, I did end up crying at the end of the number, but I was still able to get every single word out...even if I couldn't hold it out as long as I wanted to.  I was told that the fact that I was tearing up actually added to the emotion in the number, that it made it even more powerful.  The Spirit was so strong, and every single person in the congregation was glued to me...even the kids.  Everyone says, "There wasn't a dry eye in the whole room...including mine!"  I was a little disappointed in the fact that I couldn't do it without crying, but at least nobody thought that I ruined the number by doing so.  It turned out to still be a great number, and I even received a few emails and a thank you card in the mail from people in the ward telling me how much they appreciated that rendition.  That made me feel pretty good.  At least now I don't have to be nervous about it anymore, and I seemed to do my job just right...I brought the Spirit into the meeting with music while baring my testimony of the Savior at the same time.  :-D

No comments: