Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting Game Over

So Mark and I have been living with his parents since July while Mark looked for a job here in Utah.  He's basically been searching for a job since his second year of law school (2008), but he couldn't find anything permanent.  We've been able to squeak by with temporary positions- a clerkship in Springfield, starting his own firm in Draper, temporary discovery work for a firm downtown- but none of these offered health benefits and seemed like it would be stable enough for us to really rely on as a real income.  We've been praying for months, trying to attend the temple about it too, and I got the feeling that the Lord was telling me "just a little bit longer!"  The last time I went to the temple, He told me not so much in a voice but the words were clear in my mind, "Remember when I told you 'just a little bit longer?' Well, it's really not much longer!"  I almost felt like He was referring to only about 2 weeks...not much longer...although it had been more than 2 weeks, I was not really nervous about it or getting stressed.  It's hard to tell when you know you have to go by the Lord's timetable, and you have no idea just how long "a little bit longer" really is.  I just knew that however long it was going to be, we could handle it and we'd be just fine.

And now the waiting game is OVER!!!  Mark was offered the clerking position in Ogden today.  We're  pretty excited about this.  This technically is not a long-term permanent position, but it does offer health benefits and he can renew it from year to year as he searches for a job.  We're thinking about finding a place between Ogden and Salt Lake to move to so that he can still look for jobs at firms downtown and not have to move when he's done clerking in Ogden.  He's supposed to start May 1st, and I really hope that his benefits start right away...with the baby coming in June, and only a few more doctor's appointments before she comes,  I don't want to be cut-off from Medicaid at this point because he got a job and be stuck without insurance until July 1st or something because we had a waiting period.  That would be really frustrating!!

Way to go, Mark!!  I'm so proud of you, and I love you so much!!

No comments: