Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We're Moving!!!

Well, Mark's job is supposed to start on Monday, so we are moving this Saturday to Ogden.  We found an apartment complex that we really like- with fun amenities like a work-out facility, a pool and hot tub, playgrounds, charcoal BBQs and picnic benches, and really nice lawns.  We considered a little house that we found, but after thinking about the cost of utilities and the fact that it's a pretty old home that we'd have to take care of, even though it was remodeled and repainted, we figured it could possibly be more expensive than the apartment and not nearly as comfortable.  There's more closet space in the apartment and an extra bedroom that the house didn't have.  So, we did all we could to get the apartment, and now we're just waiting on their final approval.  (Apparently they haven't gotten a hold of our last landlord yet to confirm that we're good tenants.  I talked to her today and she said they haven't called, but she would give us great reviews because we were "excellent" for them.  They really appreciated all the yard work we did after the tornado hit our neighborhood.)  So, I'm not worried about not being approved...I'm just wondering why they haven't finished the process yet.

Mark and I are getting excited about the move.  Yesterday we spent quite a chunk of money purchasing a new sofa and loveseat, new washer and dryer, and a new dining room table w/ 6 chairs.  We weren't originally going to buy the dining set, but we spent way less than we anticipated on the sofa/loveseat, and Mark had been wanting a round dining table for ages.   Plus, the way the dining area is set-up in the apartment, it just works so much better with a round table, so we went ahead and bought it.  I'm actually really excited about the purchase, and about the new apartment.  Do you know what it's like for a girl like me to live somewhere and not feel like I'm free to decorate the way I want to?  The only thing I got to do to decorate was one thing that I set on the back of our toilet.  It was fun to play around with it and make it looks cute for the different seasons, but it wasn't much compared to having my own place to do up the way I like.  This new apartment has 3 bedrooms and, as far as I can tell, plenty of closet space.  Mark is a little more worried than I am about being able to fit everything into our new place, but I think we can manage alright.

One thing I was concerned about was having to find a new OB/GYN while I was already 32 weeks along.  It turns out that once I found out which kind of insurance we're getting, I was able to find a doctor who can see me the same day that I was supposed to have my next appointment here in Sandy.  So, that's exciting for me.  I just hope that this doctor and I will see eye to eye and I won't have to switch for a 3rd time this pregnancy.  I think everything will be just fine though.  It will be better than driving for an hour while I'm in labor.

Now everybody, just cross your fingers and  hope the official approval is finalized sooner rather than later!  It will probably be a while before I get to posting again since we don't have our internet situation figured out just yet.  Wish us luck!

No comments: